Wednesday, February 28, 2007

life

tChurch was good. I really enjoy Joshua's teaching. We went over the temptations that Christ went through in the desert. Sunday night was fun. Daniel, Brian, and Megan came over for a tea party. It was nice hanging out with people at the house.

I have been hanging out with Lois and Madeline more. I am so thankful that she is in our life. It's really nice to have someone else that has a baby and stays at home. I was at her house the other day and it reminded me of being at Eva's. That was an amazing feeling for me.

Elisha fell down the stairs yesterday...it was pretty scary. I have a wooden staircase so he very easily could have broken his neck. I dont think he was at the top, thankfully. He was trying to carry his "night night" blankets down the stairs with him (he now has 3). So after a little crying, more from mom, he was okay.

I walked to Lois's house yesterday and got semi lost on the streets. I had dinner at her house and decided that I really like textured vegetable protein. mmmm.

Had cell at danielles house. Sarah had Ian talk about a book he was reading and pretty excited about, "Wild at Heart." A christian book for guys, which I actually think I may read soon...I do have a son after all. Anyways it was pretty cool what he had to say, not only about the book but the things he paralleled to it. Sarah talked a bit about lent and this meditation book, I think I may start doing guided meditations in the morning. She read something from somewhere that I loved. "Instead of praying for a change of circumstance, pray for a change of heart." We talked quite a bit in cell and I am really glad that I go there. I love the people and the openness between them. I feel that God had been doing a lot in my heart this past week. I have minor, or major, breakdowns and freak out about living here. I get so upset that I left all my friends, upset that I have no job, upset that I have no life...and I get totally consumed by all of these negative thoughts and refuse to see the good in my situation. Then something happens... I talk about it with someone or God just kind of clears things up in my head. I don't want to resent this season. I want to be fully present in it and thankful for this time. To be glad about being home with Elisha and glad that I have time to sit still. I also realized I need to make the most of my time. It is very easy for me to sit at home and do nothing. I need to start making a conscious effort to meet with God. I also had a attitude check about how I was feeling with Elisha. I was starting to resent him for keeping me stuck in the house and getting annoyed at him for little things. But I now, thanks to a few friends and God, am able to cherish these moments with him. How fleeting they are and how precious this small amount of time is. I am so thankful for all of this. For the change and new season.

Jeremy, I met him at our cell, gave us a ride home. He is in the psalters and just moved to camden so didn't really know his way around philly, we also picked Jay but he was in the same boat at Jeremy. I also don't know my way around and Kate who just moved here didn't know either. All this to say I ended up getting us so very very lost trying to find my house. I have never felt so bad. I took them in a few circles, the opposite way, and back and forth through streets because they were all one ways going the wrong way. Eventually we got home...it was pretty ridiculous how long it took us. I think I need to start taking a map with me.

I met a man and couldn't say his name. I asked him twice to be sure it was real, for some reason it struck me by surprise. I had elisha say it and nearly cried. I hate when Elisha says it...just like I hated when he was calling it out earlier in the morning.

I drink at least 3 cups everyday.

People are always yelling outside.

Elisha is somehow cuter than he was in California. He gets older everyday and had such a funny personality.

I am working for a girl on friday.

I have had a few emails from people about being a nanny but they wer all kind of far away or have too many kids. I was about to settle and say that I would do them but I know it would just be because its hard for me to not have a job. To trust that God will provide something amazing for us. So I am trying to be patient, because I have until April, and am going to hand over the reins of control.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey brandi, its kaitlyn. i just wanted to tell you there is a girl version of Wild At Heart...its called Captivating and its sssssoooooo good! it really is. you should get it and read it.

anyway, i love you and miss you....so does Jonah!