Wednesday, April 25, 2007

...and we're off

Amazing. I woke up this morning (at 6am, Elisha's new wake up time) and fumbled around the house, making breakfast and waking myself up. While Elisha was eating I began to read the days devotional from My Utmost for His Highest. It was a bit vague and at first I had no idea what he was talking about. But as I reread the text something hit me. It spoke to me clearly. We don't always feel God's presence in the same way. There are times when he pulls away and its easy for us to pull away also. Just like it is easy for me to feel inspired when He has spoken very clearly and audibly to me. No matter how I feel I must continue to press into him. Continue to read, pray, and seek after Him. There is so much that hit me this morning and I feel so peaceful. Another wonderful event took place...After a few hours of being awake I shut my door and let Elisha play in the room while I tried to sleep. Melissa knocked on my door and took Elisha from me so that I could sleep. This seemingly simple act broke my heart. It was such a beautiful and tangible act of love and it reminded me so much of California and the Wahls. I am once again inspired to take steps outside of myself and look for way to help and bless my brothers and sisters. While sleeping I had a dream that led me to forgive and move past some recent hurt. It was a very simple very short dream but it, like everything else this morning, opened my eyes to a new way of looking at life. I am in this community and so glad to be here. I have been forgiven and will also choose to forgive and take steps in loving others, even when mistakes are made and hearts are hurt. I am wide away today.

No comments: