Saturday, November 8, 2008

I have returned to the blog

Hello Friends,

I remembered today after conversations and viewings of others blogs that I myself have one and have neglected it. Hello Blog. How have you been? What is new with you...did you lurk on my space and wonder what went wrong between us. Did you cry and leave open space waiting to have your pages filled with my amazing ideas and thoughts about life.

Well, I didn't think much about you. I lived life in California which was random and crazy and filled with lots of jobs and moving about. After a while I settled into a cute little house with Elisha near the beach and got a full time "real" job in an office working the daily grind. This job kept me indoors and without windows for the majority of the day. I would come home in the evening and have a few hours of the day to enjoy the house I was working to pay for but never in. At this point I went a bit nuts. Working to pay for a house that you can't be in because you have to work to have it sort of life is not healthy. At least not for me. So once the itch set it I of course went with it and planned on leaving on a road trip across the country and would end up where the wind took me.

The road trip was amazing...if I ever get the pictures from Amy I will post them and show you all the beautiful sights of the land. I wanted to live so many places. Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming...breath taking scenery. Elisha and my friend Amy came with me. We had much fun sleeping in our cars under on the sides of mountains and under trees with rivers rushing by. One night we almost froze in Yellowstone. We ended up at PAPA fest (people against poverty and apathy). It was great fun reuniting with many Philly friends, making new friends, camping on a farm, bathing in a creek, and enlightening my mind with good conversations and workshops. I visited Philly after that for a few weeks then left and volunteered on an organic farm with WWOOF in IL. It was an interesting experience. A lot of what I had expected and was talked about changed. Elisha and I ended up sleeping on a tent in the hottest summer months. I milked goats, collected chicken eggs, weeded, tilled, made soap, etc...Now that is is over I can say it was a good experience although it was painful and hard to get through. I was supposed to move to the MO with Mallory after that and live in our friends strawbale house for a few months...this fell through due to Elisha freaking out, perhaps he is not so into traveling and roaming yet. So we ended up back in Philadelphia...

We are here at present. Have moved around and will be settling into our 4th living situation since July. This is also a bit temporary. I think I have a problem committing to a home...I am at least at a point where I don't want to leave the city quite yet or the state. Although I do still dream of woods, mountains, rivers, and farm life. I am trying to make my way towards that life. Learn what I can through books and growing while here. I have a greater appreciation for my friends here in the city and for the city in general. I am excited to be relocating to West Philly...I think it will be a good switch for me. More trees, families, space. I want to learn a lot of musical instruments. Dulcimer, hammered dulcimer, autoharp, jews harp, ocarina, bowed psaltry, and the piano. Oh boy!

I am making a lot of new friends. I am enjoying this interactions. I love fall. I am constantly amazing about the colors of the trees. It is like my insides are smiling. Trees usually make that happen but its a new sensation to see blocks of land changed with color.

anyways, blog, that is my story in a shortened version. I will write again soon. With less writing and more randomness.

1 comment:

zaiahbird said...

wow brandi! I'm so glad your blogging again. i think about you now and again and am always curious as to how you're doing. i always ask karen whenever i see her... keep the pictures coming! elisha is absolutely beautiful.